Johnny Boyle is committed to upholding your privacy and any personal information you share with us via this website will be used only for the purposes stated and will not be kept beyond that stated use.
References to ‘we’ or ‘us’ refer to Johnny Boyle of Mullenierin House, Glenties, Co. Donegal.
This policy explains what information we collect about you and how we use it.
Data We Collect and Why We Need It
- Personal details you type in on our contact page and submit, such as name, contact telephone and email address. We will use this only to provide you with relevant information.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences, and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Details about disabling these cookies can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number). This is used to note your interest in our website. To protect your identity, we have “anonymized” your IP address.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. If for any reason our policy does change, we will post the changes on this page so you can view them. If changes occur with which you are unhappy, you can email us with and instruct us to no longer use your information.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, and delays. However, we protect your data through SSL certification.
Johnny Boyle will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Measures We Have Taken on this Website to Protect Your Personal Information
- We will not sell, rent, or pass on your information to any third parties without your express consent.
- You may contact us at any time to view, amend or delete your personal data, or to exclude it from the usages listed above.
- To protect your identity, we have “anonymized” your IP address, meaning we never collect your full IP address – this enables us to differentiate you from other website visitors, but does not enable us (or anyone else) to identify you as an individual.
- We protect your data through SSL certification: any data that is transmitted from our website is encrypted through Secure Socket Layer technology.
You may come across hyperlinks on this site. These hyperlinks may take you to sites operated by other organisations which we are not responsible for. When preparing our website we have taken every care possible. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other web sites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company, or individual to which our web site is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Johnny Boyle.
All design, text, graphics, and arrangement thereof are the copyright of Johnny Boyle or of other copyright owners. Any unauthorised reproduction of the contents of this site without the prior written permission of Johnny Boyle is strictly prohibited.
Cookies are small pieces of data, usually in text files, that are placed on your computer to record information about you and your activity on our website.
There are 4 types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – Without these cookies our website would not be able to function properly. Most strictly necessary cookies are session cookies and are deleted once your leave our website.
- Performance Cookies – Performance cookies are generally used for analytics and statistics gathering. They collect information about how you use our website, such as pages visited, visit durations etc.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies are designed to enhance your personal experience on our website by remembering choices you have made.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies – These cookies deliver adverts targeted to you and your interests. They may also control the number of times you see a particular advertisement and also measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
Within these 4 categories above, cookies are also subdivided into:
- Session Cookies – These are temporary cookies used for the duration f your visit to our website. Once you close the browser these cookies automatically stop. Session cookies are used to improve the user experience whilst visiting our site and prevent you having to re-enter information.
- Persistent Cookies – These are stored on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies remember information for your next visit to our website.
And also into:
- 1st Party Cookies – Placed on your computers by our software.
- 3rd Party Cookies – Placed on your computers by other software.
Most, but not all, 3rd party cookies rely on the user having an active login or account with the third party service.
Cookies Used on This Site
The following cookies are used on this website:
- PHPSESSID – strictly necessary session cookie. We use this cookie to confirm that we have received your submission on any of our forms.
- MCManagerHistoryCookie_im and MCManager_im_lastPath – These strictly necessary session cookie are used by the file and image manager to improve page load times.
- cookie_notice_closed – persistent performance cookie. This prevents you needing to close and hide the cookie notice on every page and every time you visit the website.
There are additionally a number of third party cookies used on your website:
- Google’s Captcha (the tick box that determines you are human) places cookies on your computer, but does not gather any personal information.